Acorn Squash Soup
Maple syrup, nutmeg and ground cinnamon add holiday flavor to this classic autumn soup. Garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds for even more holiday zest.
- 480 ml (2 cups) vegetable broth, or chicken broth
- 60 ml (¼ cup) soy milk
- 454 g (1 ) acorn squash, roasted, seeded, cooled
- 20 g (2 ) pitted dates, or 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- ½ inch cinnamon stick, or 1/4 teaspoon ground
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds, or until heavy steam escapes from the lid plug opening.
To roast squash easily, split in half, scoop out the seeds if desired, and place flesh side down on a lightly greased baking pan. Pierce skin with a knife in several spots, and roast 350°F (180°C) for 30 minutes.
|Serving Size||353 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||.50 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page