Aioli is a garlic mayonnaise that can be used as a vegetable dip or sandwich spread.
- 6 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 300 ml (1¼ cup) canola oil
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 8.
- While machine is running, remove the lid plug and drop in garlic cloves through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for 10 seconds, then reduce speed to variable 6.
- With the machine still running, slowly pour oil in a thin, steady stream through the lid plug opening until emulsified.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container.
The key to Aioli is to make sure the eggs and lemon mixture covers the blades.