A hearty spread made with raw, roasted, or salted almonds that also works as a fruit dip.
- 600 g (4 cups) almonds, roasted, unsalted
- Place ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In 1 minute you will hear a high-pitched chugging sound. Once the butter begins to flow freely through the blades, the motor sound will change and become low and laboring. Stop machine.
- Store in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for longer storage.
If using raw almonds, you will need to use 1/4 cup of oil or liquid to create a creamy texture. If you choose to roast your own raw almonds, ensure that they are roasted at 350°F for at least 10-15 minutes. This toasting, combined with blending on high speed, is what allows the natural oils to be released from inside the nuts, and is vital for creating a smooth texture instead of a paste. Blend for 1 minute for a chunkier butter, or 2 minutes for a creamier butter.
|Serving Size||35 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|