Almond Chicken Stir-Fry Sauce
This sweet and sour Asian stir-fry makes a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- 60 ml (¼ cup) light soy sauce
- 360 ml (1½ cup) low sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- white pepper, to taste
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) olive oil
- 250 g (9 ounces) chicken breast, uncooked, cubed
- 90 g (1 cup) broccoli, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 110 g (1 cup) carrots, grated
- 115 g (1 cup) celery, diced
- 150 g (1 cup) red bell pepper, seeded, stemmed, diced
- 150 g (1 cup) green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 100 g (1 cup) green onion, diced
- 70 g (1 cup) mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g (½ cup) slivered almonds
- To make sauce, place soy sauce, chicken broth, cornstarch, sherry, sugar, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 10 seconds or until well blended. Set aside.
- Stir-fry chicken in olive oil in a large pan until thoroughly cooked.
- Add broccoli and stir-fry for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables and almonds and cook until crisp tender.
- Pour sauce over stir-fry and cook until thickened.
- Serve over rice.
Nutrition is based on complete recipe including rice, chicken, vegetables and sauce.
|Serving Size||480 (2 cups)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||26 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|