Homemade almond milk is free of preservatives and can be used for cooking, baking, pouring over cereal, or adding to coffee.
- 720 ml (3 cups) water
- 140 g (1 cup) raw almonds, soaked overnight
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Store in refrigerator. Shake well before using.
If you desire to strain away sediment, place filtration bag over a large bowl. Pour almond milk slowly into filtration bag and allow to filter through, or stir the milk in the filtration bag with a spatula to encourage it to pass through more rapidly. *Note: Almond Milk is high in fiber only if it's not strained.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|