Apple Acorn Squash Soup
A wonderful fall soup with fresh apples and acorn squash picked during autumn harvest.
- 420 g (3 cups) acorn squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 60 g (½ small) small onion, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 90 g (½ ) medium apple, cored
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon salt, optional
- 480 ml (2 cups) low sodium vegetable broth, stock
- Steam squash in a steamer or microwave until fork tender. Sauté onion and garlic in oil until onion is clear and tender.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 3 to 5 minutes, or until heavy steam escapes the lid plug opening.
By blending ingredients that have just been cooked and are still hot, the blend time is cut by several minutes, bringing dinner to the table that much quicker!
|Serving Size||542 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||44 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page