Apple Pie Ice Cream
Capture the classic American comfort food in this mouth-watering ice cream. An optional banana gives the recipe extra sweetness.
- 120 ml (½ cup) frozen apple juice concentrate
- 120 ml (½ cup) french vanilla creamer
- 450 g (3 medium) apple, seeded, diced
- ½ avocado, pitted, peeled
- 90 g (¾ cup) carrots, halved
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) agave nectar, optional
- 390 g (3 cups) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1 or the Frozen Desserts program (if available).
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 50 seconds; or start the machine and allow the programmed cycle to complete, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
For an even bolder flavor, try roasting your apples until tender before blending them. This will remove some moisture and make for a creamier mixture, so you may need to adjust by using 1/2 cup to 1 cups less ice. If mixture has the consistency of a milkshake, firm it up by slowly adding another cup of frozen ice cubes. Process until smooth.
|Serving Size||120 (0.5 cups)|
|Amount Per Servings|