Autumn Toasted Pita and Kale Salad
A healthy, wholesome lunch or dinner, perfect for an autumn day.
- 90 ml (6 Tablespoons) olive oil
- 45 ml (3 Tablespoons) pomegranate molasses
- 30 g (4 ) dates, or 3 Tablespoons of honey
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- To make the dressing, place all dressing ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- 680 g (1 1/2 pound) sweet potato, peeled, cut into chunks
- 60 ml (4 Tablespoons) olive oil, optional
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 whole wheat pitas, both sides separated and cut into bite sized pieces
- 40 g (2 cups) Italian flat leaf parsley, loosely packed
- 140 g (1 ) medium red onion, peeled, diced
- For the salad: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place sweet potato cubes on the sheet and drizzle with 2 Tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle with cumin seeds and a little salt. Roast at 400°F (200°C) for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to evenly brown the sweet potatoes.
- Toss the pita bread with remaining 2 Tablespoons of oil and bake in oven alongside sweet potatoes until golden brown.
- Wash, dry and tear the kale into bite sized pieces and place in mixing bowl. Add parsley and onion. Pour dressing over top and mix to combine. Add the sweet potatoes and pita and toss together with tongs.
Garnish with toasted nuts and seeds.
|Serving Size||10 Servings|
|Amount Per Servings|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page