Avocado Bean Soup with Fresh Herb Relish
The Fresh Herb Relish of this flavorful chilled soup also makes a wonderful accompaniment to lamb chops or crostini.
Avocado Bean Soup
- 480 ml (2 cups) chicken broth
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, peeled
- 185 g (1 cup) navy beans, cooked, drained
- 120 ml (½ cup) plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, quartered
- Place all Soup ingredients into the Vitamix 40-ounce container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 6.
- Blend for 40 seconds or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Fresh Herb Relish
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon onion, peeled, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 50 g (⅓ cup) Feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine the cilantro, zest, onion, and olive oil in a small bowl. Serve soup chilled or at room temperature, garnished with a Tablespoon of Relish and topped with feta.