Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup
Make large batches of this hearty soup and freeze for future weeknight meals in hurry.
- 480 ml (2 cups) milk, or dairy alternative
- 240 g (1 ) russet potato, baked
- 40 g (⅓ cup) low fat cheddar cheese, cubed
- 20 g (¼ ) onion, peeled
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 55 g (1 Slice) bacon, cooked, halved
- Place milk, 1/2 potato, cheese, onion, dill weed, rosemary and salt, optional into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds, or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3. Remove lid plug. Drop in remaining 1/2 potato and the bacon, and blend for an additional 5 seconds, or until chopped.
If you are baking your own potatoes, scrub them clean and place directly on oven rack at 375°F, baking for 45 minutes or until tender when a toothpick or fork is inserted.
|Serving Size||370 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||34 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page