Basil Walnut Pesto
Blended in a single minute, this creamy pesto recipe yields enough sauce to coat a pound of pasta for an easy dinner fresh from the herb garden.
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 25 g (¼ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 80 g (2 cups) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 30 g (¼ cup) walnuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to Variable 7.
- Blend for 45 seconds-1 minute, using the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
Recipe yields enough sauce to coat one pound of pasta.
|Serving Size||30 ml (2 Tablespoons)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|