Basil Walnut Pesto
Blended in a single minute, this creamy pesto recipe yields enough sauce to coat a pound of pasta for an easy dinner fresh from the herb garden.
- 180 ml (¾ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 75 g (¾ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 g (6 ) garlic clove, peeled
- 240 g (6 cups) fresh basil leaves
- 90 g (¾ cup) walnuts
- ¼ lemon, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 7.
- Blend for 30 to 45 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
Walnuts help to make this pesto a creamy and filling sauce. Blended in a single minute, this creamy pesto recipe yields more than enough to coat a pound of pasta for an easy dinner fresh from the herb garden.
|Serving Size||50 g (1 servings)|
|Amount Per Servings|