Berry Sorbet with Mixed Spices
Nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, and fresh mint complement a variety of berries in this sweet and refreshing sorbet.
- 180 ml (3/4 cups) cold water
- 5 g (1 piece) fresh ginger root, 1/4" slice
- 75 g (5 ) medjool dates, pitted, or honey to taste
- 125 g (1 cup) frozen strawberries
- 125 g (1 cup) frozen blueberries
- 120 g (1 cup) frozen blackberries
- 90 g (1 cup) frozen raspberries
- 280 g (2 cups) frozen dark sweet cherries, pitted
- 5 g (2 Tablespoons) mint leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 260 g (2 cups) ice cubes
- Place ginger, water and dates into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 15-20 seconds or until dates and ginger are finely chopped. Stop machine and remove the lid.
- Add berries, mint, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla to the container with ginger mixture and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45-60 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop the machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||169 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|