Black Bean Burgers with Sriracha Aioli
Form smaller patties and serve on slider buns for fun party appetizers.
- 850 g (2 cans) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 60 g (½ medium) medium onion
- 20 g (½ bunch) fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 120 g (1 cup) Panko breadcrumbs, or chickpea bread crumbs
- 60 ml (¼ cup) aquafaba, or 1 egg
- 8 hamburger buns
- 120 g (½ cup) vegan mayonnaise, or mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 80 g (4 cups) baby arugula
- Place black beans, onion, cilantro, garlic, soy sauce, salt, pepper, panko, and aquafaba into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 8. Pulse 8 to 10 times, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. For a smooth textured burger blend on the highest speed for 20-30 seconds.
- Remove from container and place in a bowl. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. Divide mixture into 8 patties. Arrange patties onto a baking sheet coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 8 to 10 minutes. Flip over and bake an additional 6 minutes.
- For Sriracha aioli, mix the Sriracha, mayonnaise and lime juice together.
- Assemble burgers on buns with arugula and Sriracha mayo.
|Serving Size||154 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||39 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|