Black Bean Soup
Enjoy this hearty black bean soup, filled with the flavors of andouille sausage, garlic, onion and more.
- 720 ml (3 cups) low sodium vegetable broth
- 390 g (1½ cup) black beans, canned, drained and rinsed; divided
- 380 g (1½ cup) canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 60 g (½ small) onion, sauteed, chopped, peeled
- 3 medium garlic cloves, roasted
- ½ lime, peeled
- 1 small small jalapeño, halved, seeded
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 40 g (⅓ medium) red bell pepper, sliced, seeded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place vegetable stock, 3/4 cup (155g) black beans, chickpeas, onion, garlic, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds, or until heavy steam escapes from vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug. Add the remaining black beans and red bell pepper through the opening.
- Blend for an additional 5 seconds. Serve immediately.
Jalapeño may be omitted if you do not want any spice in your soup. Try adding roasted corn kernels as a garnish to give some crunch to your soup. Additional vegetable broth may be added initially or blended in at the end if you desire a thinner soup.
|Serving Size||563 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||44 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|