Black Bean Soup
Enjoy this hearty black bean soup, filled with the flavors of andouille sausage, garlic, onion and more.
- 720 ml (3 cups) low sodium vegetable broth
- 390 g (1½ cup) black beans, canned, drained and rinsed; divided
- 380 g (1½ cup) canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 20 g (⅛ ) medium onion, peeled
- ½ lime, peeled
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded, halved
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 40 g (⅓ medium) red bell pepper, sliced, seeded
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place vegetable stock, 3/4 cup (155g) black beans, chickpeas, onion, garlic, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds, or until heavy steam escapes from vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug. Add the remaining black beans and red bell pepper through the opening.
- Blend for an additional 5 seconds. Serve immediately.
Jalapeño may be omitted if you do not want any spice in your soup. Try adding roasted corn kernels as a garnish to give some crunch to your soup. Roasting the onion and garlic can add depth of flavor to this soup. Additional vegetable broth may be added initially or blended in at the end if you desire a thinner soup.
|Serving Size||563 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||44 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|