Try adding some of your homegrown blueberries and some extra lemon juice for a fresh, zesty flavor.
- 455 g (1 pound) blueberries
- 200 g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine the blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer until the sugar has dissolved, about 10 minutes. Taste the mixture and, if necessary, add more sugar. Continue to heat until any additional sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer mixture to Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 20 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
Chef's Tip: If the sauce separates, add a cornstarch slurry (2 teaspoons cornstarch blended with 2 teaspoons cold water) to thicken. To add the slurry to a cooled sauce, pour the coulis into a saucepan, bring to a boil, and gradually whisk in enough slurry to thicken the sauce slightly. Bring the sauce to a boil a second time after adding the slurry, and then allow the coulis to cool.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|