Easily blend this whole-grain batter in just seconds.
- 150 g (1¼ cup) whole wheat flour
- 55 g (½ cup) oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cinnamon stick, or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves, or ⅛ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) soy milk
- 60 ml (¼ cup) egg substitute, or 2 large eggs
- 60 ml (¼ cup) grapeseed oil
- 120 ml (½ cup) applesauce
- 40 g (1 cup) bran flake cereal
- 80 g (½ cup) raisins
- 100 g (6 ) dates, pitted
- 60 ml (¼ cup) water
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C ). Lightly coat muffin pans with non-stick spray or line with paper baking cups.
- Combine whole wheat flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place milk, egg substitute, oil, spices, water and applesauce into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds.
- Pour flour mixture into the container and secure the lid. Select Variable 8. Pulse ingredients 8 -10 times using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Add raisins and cereal. Mix gently by hand to combine.
- Pour mixture into a bowl, add the bran flakes and raisins and mix. Fill muffin pan 2/3 full. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Soy products need to be replaced/re-created (soy flour + soy oil).
|Serving Size||78 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|