Broccoli Cheese Soup
This cheesy favorite is ready in just 6 minutes. Ladle over steamed broccoli pieces for added texture. To create a thicker texture use more broccoli. 1 lb of vegetables to 3 cups of liquid is a good starting point for a ratio.
- 240 ml (1 cup) milk
- 55 g (½ cup) low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 135 g (1½ cup) broccoli, steamed
- 1 teaspoon onion, peeled, diced
- ½ bouillon cube
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
Serve over additional steamed broccoli pieces. (optional)
|Serving Size||240 (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|