Top these fluffy, whole-grain pancakes with a fresh fruit syrup, also made in your Vitamix.
- 480 ml (2 cups) low fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 50 g (¼ cup) granulated sugar, or Date Syrup to taste
- 125 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 120 g (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Place buttermilk, eggs, oil, salt, and sugar into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5 or 6.
- Blend for 5 seconds and remove lid plug.
- Add flour, baking soda, and baking powder through the lid plug opening.
- Replace lid plug and blend for an additional 20 to 25 seconds, using the tamper until mixture is combined.
- Pour 1/8 to 1/4 cup (30-60 ml) batter onto hot, prepared griddle and bake.
For recipe variation, use 1 cup of wheat berries instead of the flour. Grind berries in Dry Grains Container for 1 minute on High prior to using in recipe.
|Serving Size||1 pancake|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||22 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|