Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup
The distinct flavors of butternut squash and coconut are enhanced when creating this hot, decadent soup in your Vitamix machine.
- 1.20 kg (1 ) butternut squash, halved, seeded (1 medium)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, optional
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 stalk fresh chives
- 1 green chili, deseeded
- 80 g (1 medium) carrots, halved
- 180 ml (¾ cup) coconut milk
- 600 ml (2½ cup) vegetable stock
- ¼ small lime, peeled
- 1 pinch saffron
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C). Brush the squash with olive oil and place it cut-side down on a parchment-lined baking tray. Bake for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Scoop out the squash flesh and put it into the Vitamix container, along with the remaining ingredients in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 4 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Serve immediately.
If a soup with deeper flavors is desired, try using roasted carrot, roasted garlic, and a roasted chili pepper (in place of raw) along with the squash.
|Serving Size||366 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|