A classic tomato blend that can be thrown together in minutes for those teenage invasions and impromptu parties.
- 65 g (½ ) medium onion, halved
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded
- 5 g (¼ cup) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 450 g (6 ) large roma tomatoes
- Place onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, and three of the tomatoes into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 5 blend for 10 to 15 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients towards the blades until ingredients are chopped. Stop machine.
- Add the remaining tomatoes. Select Variable 5 and pulse until tomatoes are chopped
- Do not over mix. Leave chunky. Serve with tortilla chips.
For a less liquid salsa remove the seeds from the tomato so you are just left with the flesh. For a spicier salsa add the seeds of the jalapeno
|Serving Size||28 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|