Carrot Cake Alternative
With whole-food ingredients, this recipe yields a healthier version of a time-tested dessert staple.
- 3 large eggs
- 85 g (⅓ cup) applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract, optional
- 120 ml (½ cup) low fat buttermilk
- 150 g (1 cup) dates, pitted
- 110 g (½ cup) light brown sugar, packed
- 120 g (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 150 g (1½ cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 240 g (2 cups) carrots, halved
- Place eggs, applesauce, vanilla, buttermilk, dates and brown sugar into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on slowly increase speed to the highest setting.
- Blend for 1 minute.
- Place dry ingredients into a separate bowl and mix by hand till combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and incorporate fully.
- Prepare 9-inch (23 cm) spring form pan with parchment and spray.
- Place batter into pan.
- Bake in 350°F (180°C) degree oven for 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Serve warm or allow to cool. Top with a sprinkle of powder sugar, dollop of vanilla yogurt or your favorite topping.
|Serving Size||1 Serving|
|Amount Per Servings|