Carrot Soup with Maple Cream
The warming flavors of ginger and cinnamon pair perfectly with the maple in this carrot soup recipe.
- 240 ml (1 cup) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 green onions, diced
- In a small bowl, stir together the maple syrup, yogurt and green onions.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a spoonful of maple cream.
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 960 ml (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 60 ml (¼ cup) apple juice
- 4½ teaspoon unsalted butter, softened
- 60 g (½ ) small onion, peeled, halved
- 455 g (1 pound) carrots, halved
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the apple juice and carrots to the saucepan and continue to cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the ginger, cinnamon, and vegetable broth. Cook for 35 to 40 minutes, until the carrots are soft.
- Carefully transfer the mixture to the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute. Return to the saucepan and stir in the maple syrup.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|