Celery Potato Soup
This recipe uses the entire celery stalk, leaves and all, for a more intense celery flavor.
- 300 g (6 ) small celery stalk, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 260 g (1 ) medium russet potatoes, steamed, peeled, halved, divided
- 30 g (1 slice) yellow onion, 1/2" thick
- 600 ml (2½ cup) vegetable stock
- 240 ml (1 cup) cashew milk, or milk of choice
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds or until heavy steam escapes the vented lid. Serve immediately.
The other half of your potato and a stalk or two of extra celery may be added after the blend to give some texture to this soup. Just drop them through the lid plug opening while blending on the lowest speed to finish off your soup! To bake a potato simply, just wash it and place into a preheated oven, right on the rack, at 400°F for 30-45 minutes or until fork tender.
|Serving Size||360 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|