Cheese and Whiskey Fondue
A fun and festive starter for any dinner party, this cheesy fondue is served with soft bread cubes or toasted baguette slices.
- 115 g (1 cup) onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 360 ml (1½ cup) milk
- 60 ml (2 fluidounces) whiskey
- 455 g (1 pound) cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon potato starch, dissolved in 2 Tablespoons cold water
- Sauté onions in olive oil until soft.
- Place into the Vitamix container with the milk, whiskey and cheese in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn on machine and slowly increase to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Stop machine.
- Remove lid plug and add potato starch mixture through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a fondue pot to keep warm. Serve with bread cubes.
|Serving Size||60 ml (¼ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|