Cherry Chipotle BBQ
This simple barbecue sauce pairs beautifully with ribs, pulled pork, roasted chicken, and salmon.
- 4 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 140 g (1 medium) onion, peeled, halved
- 280 g (2 cups) dried cherries
- 100 g (12 ) dates, pitted
- 120 ml (½ cup) apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1.4 kg (10 large) tomatoes
- Heat char grill to high heat. Place tomatoes and onions on the grill and rotate while cooking. Cook until tomato skins are charred and starting to collapse, and onions begin to soften. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||105 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|