Chia Breakfast Porridge
As the chia seeds in this recipe soak overnight, they congeal to form a hearty, healthy breakfast to wake up to.
- 300 ml (1¼ cup) almond milk
- 15 g (2 Tablespoons) chia seeds
- 4 dates, pitted
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh seasonal fruit, for garnish
- The night before serving, place milk, chia seeds, dates, and cinnamon into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight to thicken.
- For breakfast the following morning, serve chilled topped with desired fresh seasonal fruit.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||43 g|
|Dietary Fiber||15 g|