Chia Breakfast Porridge
As the chia seeds in this recipe soak overnight, they congeal to form a hearty, healthy breakfast to wake up to.
- 300 ml (1¼ cup) almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 40 g (4 ) pitted dates
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- Fresh seasonal fruit of your choice
- The night before serving, place milk, chia seeds, dates, and cinnamon stick into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight to thicken.
- For breakfast the following morning, serve chilled topped with desired fresh seasonal fruit.
If desired, you may double or triple this recipe in the 48 or 64 oz. containers if serving porridge for 2 or 3 people.
|Serving Size||362 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||49 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|