Chicken Potato Spinach Soup
A home-style soup with the perfect blend of creamy and chunky texture. (A delicious use of last night's cooked chicken breast, too!)
- 240 ml (1 cup) chicken broth
- 360 ml (1½ cup) milk, or cashew milk
- 80 g (½ cup) medium onion, peeled
- 415 g (3 ) medium russet potatoes, baked, halved, cooled, divided use
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon fresh spinach, steamed
- 125 g (1 ) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place broth, milk, onion, two potatoes, and rosemary into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove lid plug.
- Add spinach, one potato, chicken, salt, and pepper through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for an additional 15 seconds.
This recipe can easily be doubled in the 64-ounce container to have leftovers for the week. If desired, onions may be sauteéd before blending for a milder taste.
|Serving Size||392 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||34 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|