Pair this spicy marinade or dipping sauce with grilled fish, chicken, red meat, sausage or veggies.
- 120 ml (½ cup) red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 100 g (1 ) medium red onion, peeled
- 60 g (2 bunches) fresh parsley leaves
- 60 g (1 1/2 cups) fresh cilantro leaves
- 10 g (1/2 cups) fresh oregano
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 10 g (1 ) jalapeño, seeded
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 360 ml (1 1/2 cups) extra virgin olive oil, or water
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- For a textured chimichuri select Variable 6. Pulse 10-15 times using the tamper to push ingredients toward the blades.
- For a smooth texture. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.