Chocolate Ice Cream
Try this simplified version of classic chocolate ice cream that doesn’t require an ice cream maker. Make it your own by adding your favorite ingredients during the last few seconds of processing, such as chopped walnuts or chocolate chips.
- 240 ml (1 cup) milk
- 50 g (½ cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100 g (½ cup) granulated sugar
- 35 g (½ cup) non-fat dry milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 780 g (6 cups) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Use the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In about 45 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
If the four mounds do not form add more ice.
|Serving Size||120 ml (½ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|