Orange, lemon, and lime give this butter a light citrus flavor, perfect for steamed vegetables, grilled meats and seafood, or freshly baked French bread.
- 1 lemon, zest and flesh
- 1 lime, zest and flesh
- 1 medium orange, flesh only (pith and zest removed)
- 24 sprigs Italian flat leaf parsley
- 454 g (2 cups) vegan margarine, or butter, softened
- Use a microplane or grater to zest the lemon and lime. With a peeler or paring knife, remove the white pith from the fruits.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Roll in plastic wrap and form a log. Freeze until ready to use.
This butter is an excellent accompaniment to grilled meats and seafood.