The smooth base of this chunky corn chowder is made in the Vitamix, followed by stovetop veggies to add a crisp, corn-off-the-cob texture.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 120 g (1 ) small yellow onion, peeled, chopped
- 520 g (2 each) medium russet potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 480 ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
- 500 g (3 ) ears of corn, or 3 cup corn kernels, divided use, shucked, kernels removed
- 120 ml (½ cup) soy milk, or milk
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Sauté onion in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, stock, and 1 cup of corn. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Carefully pour mixture and milk into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 7. Blend for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Return mixture to saucepan over low heat. Stir in remaining corn and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, garnished with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
Our Berbere spice blend is delicious with this soup, both sprinkled on top as a garnish or blended in to suit your taste. This is a textured soup, however if you desire something more smooth, simply turn your machine to its highest speed during blending and allow to process until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||272 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Carbohydrate||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page