Cranberry Nut Bread
For this whole-wheat recipe, leave a strip of peel on the orange before placing it in the Vitamix container for an extra burst of citrus flavor.
- 100 g (1 cup) fresh cranberries
- 1 Large orange, peeled, halved
- 1 strip orange peel, or lemon peel,1 inch
- 60 ml (¼ cup) light olive oil
- 200 g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 240 g (2 cups) whole wheat flour
- 45 g (½ cup) walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly coat an 8 1/2 – inch x 4 1/2 – inch (22 cm x 11 cm) loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray or shortening.
- Place cranberries into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 4. Pulse 3 or 4 times. Stop; scrape sides and replace lid. Pulse a few more times to coarse chop. Remove to small bowl.
- Place orange quarters, peel, oil, milk, sugar, egg, and vanilla into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Combine baking powder, baking soda, salt, optional, and whole wheat flour in a large-size mixing bowl; stir well.
- Pour orange juice mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing by hand just until ingredients are moistened. Stir in chopped walnuts and cranberries; do not over mix.
- Spread the batter in the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 30 minutes, then carefully remove from loaf pan and allow to cool completely before slicing.
Please refer to our
|Serving Size||1 loaf|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||14.15 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||60.52 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|