Cream of Asparagus Soup
The vibrant green color of this asparagus purée makes it as beautiful as it is delicious.
- 680 g (1½ pound) asparagus, cooked, reserve 1 cup for garnish
- 720 ml (3 cups) vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 240 ml (1 cup) cashew milk, or half & half
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then increase to its highest speed. Blend for 6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes the lid.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is a great one to mix and match your vegetables. Simply substitute any roasted vegetable in the same amount for the asparagus. Add cashews or peanuts instead of the cream to create extra richness. Adjust stock to create thinner/thicker soup.
|Serving Size||414 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page