Cuban Bean and Potato Soup
A hearty, cold weather soup. Omit the sour cream for a purely vegan meal.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 40 g (½ medium) medium onion, peeled, chopped
- 80 g (½ large) red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 80g (½ large) green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 3 small small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1½ Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 dried bay leaf
- ½ Tablespoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- 960 ml (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 730 g (3½ cup) black beans, cooked, rinsed, drained, divided use
- 140 g (1½ small) potatoes, baked, divided use
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, peppers, and garlic and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with vinegar and add the cumin, dried bay leaf, oregano, and salt. Cook for 1 minute, toasting the spices and coating the vegetables with them.
- Place vegetable broth, 3 cups (630g) black beans, and sautéed vegetable mixture into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then increase to its highest speed
- Blend for 6 minutes 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Reduce speed to Variable 7 and remove lid plug. Add 1 (100g) potato to the container through the lid plug opening. Replace lid plug and blend for an additional 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
Pour into bowls and garnish with remaining black beans, crumbled potato, fresh cilantro, and sour cream.
|Serving Size||352 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page