Curried Carrot Soup
Transform raw ingredients into a piping hot soup in less than 10 minutes, from start to finish.
- 370 g (6 ) small carrots
- 40 g (½ ) small onion, peeled
- 480 ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
- 120 ml (½ cup) soy milk
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 slice lemon, ¼", peeled
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lemon, leaving just the flesh.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds or until heavy steam escapes from vented lid. Serve immediately.
Using raw ingredients in a soup is a simple way to use the power of your Vitamix. Sautéing the onions and carrots beforehand will enrich the flavor and remove some of the potency of stronger ingredients like onions. To thin out thick soups, just add more liquid to the blend. To thicken soups, add more hearty ingredients and continue to blend.
|Serving Size||352 g (1 servings)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|