Ginger Beet Purée
Bright colors and flavors meld into a smooth purée perfect for finishing off an elegant dish.
- 1.3 kg (2 pounds, 12 ounces) beets, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 70 g (½ cup) almonds
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger root, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Clean and cut beets to leave 1-inch (2.5 cm) of stem. Double wrap beets in foil and roast for 2 hours.
- Let cool.
- Peel beets, trim ends and cut into quarters.
- Place oil, beets, almonds, fresh ginger, cilantro, ground ginger, salt and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Switch machine to Start and slowly increase speed to Variable 8.
- Blend for 20 to 25 seconds, using the tamper if necessary to press the ingredients into the blades.
Serve as an accompaniment to grilled fish, poultry or meat.
|Serving Size||60 ml (¼ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|