Gingered Carrot Orange Soup
Spicy and sweet, the flavors of ginger and carrot combine into a vibrant meal.
- 455 g (1 pound) carrots, halved
- ½ onions, peeled
- 5 g (1 piece) fresh ginger root
- 2 Tablespoons light butter spread
- 960 ml (4 cups) chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 390 g (3 ) medium oranges, peeled
- 0.6 cm (¼ inch) orange peel
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté carrots, onions and ginger in butter spread until soft.
- Add 2 cups (480 ml) of broth.
- Simmer until tender.
- Place oranges, orange zest, and cooked vegetable mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 30-45 seconds until smooth.
- Adjust consistency with remaining 2 cups (480 ml) of broth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve hot or cold. Garnish with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|