Gluten-free Yeast Bread
The buttermilk in this recipe helps to keep the bread wonderfully light. Enjoy this gluten-free bread warm with your favorite spread, or use for toast.
- 240 ml (1 cup) Buttermilk
- 27 g (2 Tablespoons) brown sugar
- 7 g (1 package) active dry yeast
- 300 g (2 cups) white rice flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
- Combine buttermilk, brown sugar and yeast in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until frothy and foamy.
- Place rice flour and salt into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, and slowly increase to Variable 3. Blend for 5 seconds to combine. Remove rice flour to a separate clean bowl.
- Place eggs, oil, buttermilk mixture, and half the rice flour into the Vitamix Container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and slowly increase speed to Variable 4. Process until all ingredients are lightly combined,, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades if necessary.
- While the blender is running, remove lid plug and add remaining flour through the lid plug opening. Blend until well combined.
- Grease an 8" x 4" (21 x 11 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray and line with baking paper. Place dough into prepared loaf pan. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 355°F (180°C) for 35 minutes. Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes before inverting bread onto a cooling rack. Let cool another 15-20 minutes before slicing.
|Serving Size||66 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|