Goat Cheese and Blackberry Popsicles
The combination of goat cheese and blackberries makes this popsicle recipe worthy of a spot on a restaurant menu.
- 115 g (1 cup) goat cheese
- 240 ml (1 cup) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or other sweetener, to taste
- 335 g (1 pint) blackberries
- 480 g (1 cup) vanilla yogurt
- Place goat cheese, Greek yogurt, and honey into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine and slowly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Pour goat cheese mixture into the Popsicle molds.
- Place blackberries and vanilla yogurt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid. Select Variable Start the machine and slowly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute. Pour blackberry mixture on top of goat cheese mixture and freeze.
If you do not have Popsicle molds, you can use small, disposable cups. Adding more sugars or alcohol to your Popsicles will inhibit the freezing process. When trying to recreate your favorite Popsicle, understanding how ingredients freeze is critical. Using full-fat dairy ingredients produces a creamier result, but you can also use nondairy milks and yogurt. Popsicles that are mostly fruit will have a very hard, icy texture. Don’t let extra smoothie go to waste! Smoothie Popsicles are a great way to use up leftover smoothies. No artificial colors or flavors included. Taste the mixture before freezing. To reduce bitterness add a little more honey.
|Serving Size||1 popsicle|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|