Harvest Cheddar Soup
Fall flavors blended together for a simple meal. Try adding a fresh greens salad tossed with our Basic Vinaigrette.
- 480 ml (2 cups) chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons white wine
- ¼ onion, 40 grams
- ½ celery stalk, 50 grams
- 2 granny smith apples, 400 grams, quartered, seeded
- 1 russet potato, 285 grams, cooked
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 115 g (1 cup) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place chicken broth, wine, onion, celery, apples, potatoes, thyme, nutmeg, pepper, and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Hot Soups program or Variable speed 1.
- Start the machine slowly increase to its highest speed and blend for 5:45 or allow machine to complete programmed Hot Soups program.
- Once you have turned off the machine or the Hot Soups program has come to a stop, Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine and slowly increase speed to Variable 6 and remove the lid plug.
- Drop in cheese through the lid plug opening. Blend an additional 10 seconds.
Garnish with sour cream and diced apples. This recipe can be reduced by half and made in smaller containers. Soup may vary in color depending on the types of apples and cheese that you use.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|