Our version of this Middle-Eastern dip contains chickpeas, garlic, and raw sesame seeds. It's traditionally served with flatbread, but crackers and tortilla chips are great, too.
- 2 cans (900 g) chickpeas, liquid reserved from 1 can
- 35 g (¼ cup) sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- Place chick peas,reserved liquid, sesame seeds, olive oil, fresh lemon juice, garlic, and cumin into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend 1 minute, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Season to taste with salt if desired.
|Serving Size||29 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|