Italian Herb Pizza Sauce
Herbs and spices blend beautifully to create the unmistakable Italian flavour of this pizza sauce, which can also be used on pasta.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 60 g (½ small) small onion, peeled
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 300 g (28 ounces) canned diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, basil and oregano and cook until onion softens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Simmer until sauce thickens, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Place sauce into the Vitamix container and secure lid. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 25 to 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||60 ml (3 Tablespoons)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|