Nothing says comfort like a steamy bowl of delicious, healthy soup full of the nutrients only jackfruit can provide. For some fun and variety, just add cooked ramen noodles or pho noodles.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 90 g (½ ) small onion, peeled, chopped
- 540 g (4 cups) jackfruit
- 150 g (1 ) medium apple, cored, halved
- 140 g (2 ) carrot
- 720 ml (3 cups) vegetable stock
- In a saucepan, sauté onion in olive oil for 5 minutes until tender.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 6 minutes, or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Serve immediately.
If purchasing a whole jackfruit, try and make vegan pulled "pork" with the leftover fruit. Or try making the Vitamix Jackfruit Vinaigrette.
|Serving Size||400 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||44 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page