Kale and Leek Soup
This boldly flavored soup offers tremendous texture, since half the recipe is blended in your Vitamix, while the other half simmers on the stove.
- 180 g (2 ) leeks, sliced, washed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, optional
- 100 g (6 cups) kale, stemmed, chopped
- 960 ml (4 cups) vegetable broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sweat leeks in olive oil until soft, about 3 minutes. Add kale and cook just until wilted.
- Add broth and cook for 30 minutes on low heat. Let cool off the heat for 10-15 minutes. Carefully pour soup contents into Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
If desired, remove 1 cup of kale/leek mixture before adding broth, and place in bowls before pouring soup to add texture.
|Serving Size||422 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page