Kale and Leek Soup
This boldly flavored soup offers tremendous texture, since half the recipe is blended in your Vitamix, while the other half simmers on the stove.
- 270 g (3 ) leeks, washed well, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 150 g (9 cups) kale, stemmed, chopped
- 1.4 l (6 cups) vegetable broth
- 1½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepot over medium heat. Add leeks and sweat until soft, about 3 minutes. Add kale and cook just until wilted, about 2 more minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-low heat and cook for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Carefully pour soup contents into Vitamix container and secure the lid, reserving 1 cup of the kale/leek mixture and dividing between serving bowls if a textured soup is desired.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Try a dollop of our Cashew Sour Cream Sauce with some toasted pepitas or pine nuts to garnish this soup.
|Serving Size||274 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page