Leek, Artichoke and Potato Soup
Try this flavorful purée with russet potatoes, fresh thyme, and our Kale Pesto.
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 180 g (2 ) small leeks, washed well, sliced
- 4 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 960 ml (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 590 g (3½ cup) artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed
- 230 g (1 ) medium russet potatoes, washed, quartered
- 10 g (¼ cup) fresh thyme leaves, stemmed
- 4 Tablespoons kale pesto, optional
- Heat a large saucepot over medium heat. Add the oil and heat, then add leeks and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes or until leeks are softened and translucent. Add broth, artichokes, potatoes, and thyme leaves. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Carefully pour mixture into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45 seconds.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with a dollop of Kale Pesto if desired. Serve immediately.
This creamy soup is a great way to sneak some extra fiber into your diet.
|Serving Size||416 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||41 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|