Leek, Artichoke and Potato Soup
A flavorful purée with russet potatoes, sprigs of thyme, and our Kale Pesto.
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) olive oil
- 95 g (1 cup) leek, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 240 ml (1 cup) vegetable broth
- 285 g (2 cups) artichoke hearts, drained, diced
- 115 g (4 ounces) small russet potatoes, cubed
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
- 240 ml (1 cup) water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3-6 Tablespoons kale pesto
- Heat oil in a medium to large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes or until leeks are softened and translucent. Add broth, artichokes, potatoes, thyme leaves, and water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Place mixture into the Vitamix container, add lemon juice, and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Serve immediately. Divide into bowls and garnish with 1 Tablespoon of kale pesto.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|