A blissful dessert all on its own, these lemon bars are even better with a Lemon Curd filling.
Lemon Bar Crust
- 240 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 290 g (1 cup) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, divided use
- 100 g (½ cup) granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C.) For the crust, place 1 cup (120 g) of the flour, 1/2 cup of the butter and 1/4 cup (50g) of the sugar into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 6. Pulse quickly 5 times. Remove lid, scrape down the sides of the container and around the blades, then replace the lid and pulse 5 additional times.
- Spoon the contents of the Vitamix container into a 13-inch X 9-inch (33 cm X 23 cm) pan.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining flour, butter and sugar.
- Press the flour mixture into the pan evenly and bake for 20 minutes, until just golden brown. Remove pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
Lemon Curd Filling
- 120 ml (½ cup) lemon juice
- 5 large eggs
- 300 g (1½ cup) granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 115 g (½ cup) unsalted butter
- To make the filling, make one batch of Vitamix Lemon Curd (see recipe.)
- Add 6 Tablespoons (50g) of flour to the lemon curd. Secure the lid.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 3. Blend for 15 seconds.
- Pour the lemon curd filling onto the hot par-baked crust, and spread into an even layer with an offset spatula.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 18-20 minutes or until filling is set. Remove and place on a wire rack, cooling until room temperature before refrigerating.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar if you desire.
|Serving Size||78 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||35 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|