Lemon and Chia Dressing
A lemony vinaigrette with blended chia seeds for added nutrition. Perfect for drizzling over a bed of fresh greens.
- 240 ml (1 cup) water
- 2 lemons, peeled
- 240 ml (1 cup) sherry vinegar
- 240 ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 40 g (2 ) shallot, peeled
- 1⅓ Tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 12 g (¼ cup) fresh chives
- 42 g (¼ cup) chia seeds
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lemon, leaving just the flesh. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 30 seconds.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Shake well before using.
|Serving Size||26 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|