Lindsey's Sweet Potato Brownies
With ingredients such as applesauce and dried dates, this recipe substitutes traditional brownie mix for healthy alternatives (and tastes just as delicious).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (190°C) Spray a 8 inch (23 cm x 23 cm) baking tray with non-stick spray.
- Place the sweet potato, applesauce, almond butter, banana (or eggs) and dates into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 40 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Stop the machine and add cocoa powder and baking soda to the container.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 7. Blend for 10 to 15 seconds, using tamper to press the ingredients toward the blades.
- Remove batter from container and into a bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips and combine.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Mashed banana, or applesauce are great whole food substitutes for egg in recipes. The addition of the sweet potato makes this treat high fiber while also providing the moist texture of a traditional brownie.
|Serving Size||72 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|