Mango Sauce for Chicken
Mango and orange give this sauce a terrific Hawaiian flavor. Garnish chicken with a ring of pineapple for a beautiful presentation.
- 340 g (12 ounces) boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
- 35 g (¼ cup) green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, optional
- 120 ml (½ cup) low sodium chicken broth
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted, divided use
- 1 Large orange, peeled, halved
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root
- Pound chicken breasts to ¼-inch (0.6 cm) thick. Sauté chicken with green peppers in olive oil. Remove saucepan from heat and keep warm.
- To make the sauce, place chicken stock, one mango, orange, and ginger into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan with the chicken and green pepper. Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Cube remaining mango, add to sauce and take off heat.
Serve over rice.
|Serving Size||120 ml (½ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|