Create your own simple marinara sauce to enjoy with chicken, fish and pasta.
- 75 g (1 ) medium carrot
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 60 g (½ medium) medium onion
- 900 g (2 pounds) tomatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dried bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- Place all ingredients, except dried bay leaf, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 5, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 15 seconds or untl desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into large saucepan add the dried bay leaf. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. To serve remove the bay leaf and season with your favorite herbs or spices.
|Serving Size||63 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|