Create your own perfectly seasoned marinara for chicken, fish and pasta. For chunkier marinara, transfer sauce to the stove after blending and add chopped veggies.
- 1 carrot, halved
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ onions, peeled
- 910 g (2 pounds) tomatoes, quartered
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Place all ingredients, except bay leaf, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5 or 6.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into large saucepan and add the bay leaf. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Serve with fish, broiled chicken or any pasta. Remove the bay leaf and discard.
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|